I’ve been nominated! For what, I’m not exactly sure, but according to Kristen (who so graciously nominated me), The Liebster Award, “seems to be an awesome system for new blogs to get exposure and all blogs to get new followers.”
New followers, that is always exciting. I remember when I first started this blog to keep my mom up to date about my Japan trip, I got a lot of new followers who followed travelling tags (I assume that’s how they found me). Since then, my life has been less exciting and the followers don’t come so easily when I just work and plan a wedding.
Apparently, there are five rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via their social-media/blogs.
Let’s get to the questions!
1. If you could spend the summer anywhere in the world, where would you spend it?
Somewhere on the water. Like those little huts from the Bachelor in the middle of clear oceans or even a little boat floating around like at the end of 50 First Dates.
2. What is your dream job/profession (college tuition taken care of for any sort of degree)?
You know, I’m nearly 25, and I have no idea still what I want to be doing. The answer that always comes to mind first is I want to stay at home and be a housewife and mommy, but that seems to be such a taboo answer and it isn’t always realistic – but that’s what I would love to be doing.
3. If you were a Disney Character who would you be and why?
Immediately I thought Belle, because I love Belle. Then I thought Ariel because water. But..I don’t know. This is too hard.
4. Are you an only child or do you have annoying siblings?
This is …complicated. I have one sister. And a half sister. And a step-sister. One is particularly annoying, you decide which one.
5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Does Starbucks count? I love buying cups and useless things for me to drink out of.
6. What is, in your opinion, the worst show on television?
I don’t watch a lot of tv, but I feel like a lot of the shows on TLC lately are getting a little ridiculous.
7. What is one expensive item on your wish list right now?
I’m lucky because my fiance spoils me a lot. He got me a lot of the things I’ve always wanted, including my engagement ring and now my wedding dress. On my wishlist now is a home for the both of us, but I know that won’t happen for a little while now. Oh, and our honeymoon; I hope its lovely, even though I will be happy being anywhere with him.
8. What is your favorite book/story?
I’m going to just pretend that story can be substituted with movie and say that currently I love Big Hero 6. I love love loved it. I cried like a baby. It was so good.
9. What is your biggest worry right now?
Nothing. I know that God will provide and even if its in a way that I don’t expect he knows what is best for Frank and me. I know he will guide our path.
10. What are you looking forward to the most right now?
Right now, going to sleep. In general, getting married and living with my love and being grown ups together.
11. Do you enjoy getting up early or sleeping in?
Sleeping in. Duh.
I nominate…(how am I supposed to know if they have fewer than 200 followers?).
**there are a couple blogs I want to tag too, but I don’t know if they’re secret blogs that want to be disclosed on my blog…
(Pretend I nominated 11 blogs…)
Answer these questions:
1. What do you want to eat right now?
2. What is your favorite thing to drink?
3. Would you rather read a book on paper or on a screen?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. What is the best thing that happened to you…yesterday?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. Rice or noodles?
8. What kind of shoes do you like to wear?
9. What is your favorite outfit (past or present)
10. Do you like to drive?
11. If you could move anywhere, where would you live?